Mornings are hard. It’s not easy waking up at the ass crack of dawn, stepping on a cold floor and stumble your way to the bathroom only to get blinded by the overhead light.
I can’t make mornings suck less, but this recipe will at least have you look forward to a nice nutritious HOT breakfast that’s ready with the push of a button. And that’s a start.
These mini fritattas are easy to make, delicious, and made with fresh nutritious ingredients, like fresh local eggs, turkey sausage, and cheddar cheese. Add a little jalapeno for a much needed morning boost.
Make a bunch on Sunday and don’t worry about breakfast for the week. Full recipe below.
Start with the freshest eggs you can find, preferably local. Add turkey sausage…
Add mixture of eggs, jalapeno, and cheddar cheese…
Bake until set…
Beware, when these are done they look borderline obscene, but they do deflate :), leaving you with pretty pretty mini fritattas…
Wrap them up in microwave safe parchment paper…
and store in a plastic container in the fridge…
In the morning, just pop in the microwave and you’re ready to hustle…
Recipe for make ahead mini turkey sausage, cheddar cheese, jalapeno fritattas
Easy make ahead breakfast mini fritattas recipe
- 5 fully cooked turkey sausages, sliced
- 1 fresh jalapeno, diced very small
- about 4 tbsp grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Cooking spray
- Muffin forms
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Brown turkey sausage slices in a little bit of olive oil, set aside and let cool down completely.
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 390 F
- Spray muffin forms with cooking spray
- Place 2 turkey sausage in 5 muffin cups
- In another bowl, beat eggs and mix in 2 tbsp of Cheddar cheese, turkey slices, and a few pinches of jalapeno.
- Pour eggs mix in muffin cups, filling half way. Sprinkle with Cheddar and jalapeno.
- Stir egg mix again so you get even distribution of ingredients, and fill muffin forms leaving a little space on top.
- Finish with a little Cheddar on top
- Bake on baking sheet for about 15 mins
- Let cool down before removing from muffin cups
- Wrap in parchment paper and store in a container in the fridge.
- When ready to eat, reheat in the microwave for about 30 secs
- Enjoy on the go!
How do you survive mornings? Let us know in the comments!