Today lets talk about good old beets, shall we?
Not canned beets though but sweet, savory, pretty, delicious oven roasted fresh red beets with olive oil and fresh rosemary and ginger.
Red beets are crazy full of nutrients and help improve your stamina (I had my best run after having a side dish of this roasted red beets), boost your metabolism, fight cancer, and detoxify your blood and liver! Hellooooo, super food!
Check out this recipe for red beets roasted with fresh rosemary and ginger. It’s a show stopper fo sho.
BONUS: it’s a great make ahead side dish and reheats well in the microwave. I love it with steamed sweet potatoes and Moroccan spiced (I like Ras el hanout) chicken breast. So add be sure to save it for your meal prep plan. Full recipe below.
Peel red beets with a veggie peeler and slice in chunks. Add a good piece of ginger, sliced, a few sprigs of rosemary, a good gulp of olive oil and season with salt. Roast until tender.
Give it a try and let me know.
Recipe for easy oven roasted red beets with rosemary and ginger
Easy oven roasted red beets with rosemary and ginger recipe
- 3 fresh red beets, peeled
- 1 knob of ginger, sliced thinly
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- Olive oil, about a tbsp
- Kosher salt or regular table salt for seasoning
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 200 C / 390 F
- Slice red beets in even chunks
- In an ovenproof dish, toss together beets chunks, ginger slices, rosemary sprigs, olive oil and salt
- Cover with aluminum foil
- Roast cover to 30 mins
- Raise temp to 250 C / 480 F
- Remove cover and roast for another 10 mins
- Taste and adjust seasoning if needed
- Serve hot or let cool down and store. Reheat in microwave when ready to eat.
Hot tip: frozen ginger works well with this recipe.