Sometimes, doing nothing is harder to do than being constantly busy.
Good thing you have an island girl on your side.
And while getting on island time can be challenging for some sipping on a delicious refreshing cocktail is not for, I wanna say anyone.
Take a mini trip to your favorite tropical island without leaving your home by sipping on fresh fruit, sweet coconut water, and a splash of rum. Full recipe below.
Blend strawberries and watermelon chunks, then strain. So there’s no need to seeding the watermelon. Blend fruit mix with coconut water, rum, and ice. Pour and enjoy!
My island vacation cocktail
Strawberry, watermelon, coconut and Bacardi coctail
An ice cold blend of fresh strawberries, watermelon, coconut water and it wouldn't belong on the island without a drop of rum.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, tops removed
- 2 cups fresh watermelon, cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- Rum (optional but highly recommended)
- Ice cubes
- Cut the watermelon in chunks, no need to seed the watermelon
- Place strawberries, watermelon, and coconut water in a blender.
- Blend until smooth (5 seconds or so) and strain over a bowl
- Discard the stuff in the strainer.
- Return the strained juice to the blender, add ice, and depending on your week, a little/some/a mother load of rum
- Blend a few seconds
- Serve immediately
Feel like making all your friends happy? The proportion that makes the sweetest juice blend is 1:2, 1 strawberries:2 watermelon.
If you want it even sweeter, sweeten with simple syrup, which is just sugar dissolved in water.
Play with the coconut until you find your sweet spot..
Last updated: May 22, 2017